14.11.11

BIKE MAC


I am going to post a FREE workout every monday from now until the TRI Catching Cupid Reverse Sprint Triathlon that will be on February 11, 2012.

Here is my favorite one right now:

3 mile bike
1 mile run
3 mile bike
1 mile run
3 mile bike

I call it Bike Mac because the bikes are the "buns" and the runs are the "hamburger patties" and I like to think up names for workouts while I'm working out because that's what my brain does. :)

This workout is really good to help your legs get used to transitioning. When you triathlon train it's very important to train your legs for switching from biking to running or running to biking, depending on the triathlon.

Try to do the 3 mile bikes under 10 minutes each (under 9 minutes if you're a rock star!).
Try to do the run at about 90-95% of your fastest mile pace. It should be fast!

Have fun playing with your speed and times on this workout.

I love it!