22.2.10

Recognizing Excuses--RANT


Okay, I'm warning you right now, this is a rant. Haven't done one for awhile, so big breath, here it goes.


I have had it with excuses.


If someone gains weight and it is followed by any of these phrases:


"I've been out of town."

"I went on vacation."

"My kids were sick."
"I've been sick."
"Things have just been crazy."

"It's the holidays."
"I had to go to a wedding/baby shower/graduation party, etc. etc. etc."

"I'm just so busy."

"We've had company in town."

Etc.


...I think I might scream.


None of those, not one, is a reason to gain weight.


Those are all things that will continue to happen throughout the rest of your life. If you are waiting for the perfect time of life when none of those things are going to happen you will need to box yourself up into a little room and never leave, because that is the only way those things might not happen.


This is life.


So if those things are going to continue to happen, how do you deal with it?


Well, you first start by not accepting them as an excuse to gain weight. There simply are NO EXCUSES.


Each person on RaceDay that has completed Consistency Club knows what it is like to face something with "No Excuses." I think just about everyone that is in Consistency Club got sick at some point during the process and they were not about to quit before making it. They pushed through because they would not accept anything as an excuse. They also took it to the next step....


The next step is to DECIDE to have no excuses. You're in the drivers seat inside that body of yours. It is up to you to either accept, or not accept, weight gain on vacation as something that "just happens". I'm here to tell you it isn't. I don't worry that I'm going to gain 5 pounds on vacation because I am the same person there as I am at home. I have the same ability to listen to my body, choose healthy foods, and be active as I do at home. When I'm sick or my children are sick it doesn't make any sense that I should eat 3000 extra calories a day because I feel bad...that would just make me feel worse.


All these ideas in your head that weight loss or weight gain are situational are exactly that...ideas in your head. Don't buy into it.


You decide the direction of your health no matter where you're at.


No excuses.


Phew, okay I feel better now. :)



**FYI: The inspiration for this rant was from someone who isn't on RaceDay.